Get Your License In 120 Days!
Agents who join our team are delighted with the support and business tools they receive to help them successfully complete their licensing requirements. Not sure if real estate is a career that would suit your character or lifestyle or uncertain about sales in general? The Royal LePage Real Estate Simulator is a world-class Internet based tool that uses simulation technology to recreate the real-life challenges that real estate agents encounter on a daily basis and supply valuable insight into your skills.
Next, we’ll answer all your questions and get you acquainted with how we work. Based on all of this information, one of our Career Development Associates will contact you and guide you through the next steps. Our support begins right then and there!
STEPS TO OBTAIN A REAL ESTATE LICENSE
- Want to know if a Real Estate Career is right for you? Apply for an interview here and complete our Personality Profile or contact us for a confidential consultation today.
- To take the Real Estate Course you do not need to be sponsored by Real Estate Company. However, to take advantage of the Royal LePage Premier training programs offered you do need to be signed up by a Royal LePage Premier office.
- Complete registration on line at RECA.ca payable by credit card . Course cost is $2350.00
Real Estate Council of Alberta
Suite 350, 4954 Richard Rd S
Calgary, Alberta T3E 6L1
Phone: (403) 228-2954
Toll Free: 1-888-425-2754
Fax: (403) 228-3065
Email: [email protected]
- Online: https://www.reca.ca/industry/licensing/first-time-application.html
- Obtaining a Real Estate License
To become a licensed real estate professional, you must become eligible to enrol in the applicable pre-licensing education.
To become eligible you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a minimum of Canadian high school education or equivalent
- Provide specific government-issued identification (ID)
- Be proficient in the English language
- Be able to lawfully study and work in Canada
- Complete Real Estate Career Information Session (only real estate/property management)
- Complete real estate appraisal education prescribed by AIC, CNAREA, or AAA (only for real estate appraisal)
- Pay a $100 eligibility application fee
- Complete an eligibility application through myRECA
1. Create your myRECA account
Click here, to create your myRECA account.
2. Complete First Time Login process and Education Eligibility Application
Log into your myRECA account at www.myreca.ca and complete the first time login process. Using your myRECA account, complete the online Education Eligibility application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee. For myRECA tutorials, click here.
3. Upload supporting documents to your myRECA account
In your myRECA account, view the documents required for your application on My Applications under the My Account tab. Click Complete next to your Education Eligibility application for details about the required documents. Any document that appears with an Upload link must be submitted through your myRECA account. Documents without an Upload link must be sent directly to RECA by another party. Applications are processed within 5 business days after receiving all supporting documents. RECA will email you once your application has been processed.
Effective, January 2015 and beyond the following changes occur:
- Upon completing and passing your Real Estate Licensing course and exam through UBC Sauder School of business, you will apply for entrance into mandatory 6 month training program that will be offered 3 times per year. This program consists of 3 stages:
- Stage 1 is 2 weeks of practical training, upon successful completion a temporary real estate license will be issued and you will be accepted to stage 2 of training.
- Stage 2 training is a 4.5 month, non instructor led, online based course. Upon successful completion you will be accepted to stage 3 of training.
- Stage 3 is a live 2 day, hands on assessment and training. This may need to be taken in Vancouver.
- Once all 3 stages are complete, a full real estate license will be issued.
Upon completion of the Real Estate Trading Services Licensing Course the applicant has satisfied the licensing educational qualification in Alberta for a representative’s license restricted to provide real estate trading services, and will qualify you to work for a licensed brokerage.
For the most up to date information regarding the Real Estate Trading Services Licensing Course, please visit there website at ;
Should you have any further questions please contact our office, 780 458 5595
**ONCE YOU HAVE MADE THE DECISION TO GET STARTED OR HAVE STARTED THE LICENSING PROCESS, PLEASE RETURN TO OUR SITE TO SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST. WE WILL HELP YOU BUILD A TIME LINE AND BEGIN THE ACTUAL PREPARATION FOR A SUCCESSFUL REAL ESTATE CAREER PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE LICENSING PROCESS. THANK YOU**
Private tutoring can be arranged for the Real Estate course.
QuickStart Training Program:
Our FREE 3 Day Kick Start to real estate program, covers everything you need to know for your first few weeks of being a REALTOR®.
During this course you will meet our administration team, marketing department and management team. We will go over contracts in detail, best practices to build your sphere and market yourself, as well as, how to set your business up for success.
Leaders Edge Training
In-house live and video training designed by industry leader, Chris Leader, covers all the leading edge skills in the real estate profession. Master the sales psychology, lead generation, marketing strategies and listing/pricing presentations needed to earn more money and have a better balance in life.
Real Estate Rocks by David Knox
This 10 week program combines in-house live training with video training from industry leader, David Knox covering advanced and experienced agent training.
Developed by Brian Buffini, this 12 week course will assist you with; generating more leads, closing more sales, navigate price reductions, getting buyers off the fence, becoming and excellent negotiator and getting organized.